Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I Leave Tomorrow


Picture Evidence Gathered whilst procuring the DLB Posted by Hello

DLB, Dead Letter Box is a location used to transfer information and instructions that you do not want others to find. A dead letter box can be situated anywhere, in a telephone booth, under a park bench or in an empty coke can, strategically placed. The important thing to remember is that the transfer of information goes smoothly, secretly and undetected. It needs to be hidden well enough to avoid a chance finding by a member of public.

On receipt of my DLB instructions I immediately went to work on its location. I punched the longitude, latitude and 6-figure grid reference into my laptop. My laptop is connected to global positioning satellites GPS that can locate, from a series of numbers, any location, anywhere in the world. My set of numbers gave me a location on the outskirts of Manchester. A quick flick through my A to Z Street Map and I had my Target. The location of the DLB in relationship to my office was only 5 clicks and seen as it was a nice hot sunny day I decided to adorn little clothing, shorts, T-shirt, a baseball cap and shades for my trip.

Heading out of my office I walked down a side street and onto the Main which would take me in the general direction of the DLB, it is important to initialise counter surveillance techniques whenever one leaves the office as we never know who is following us. Heading down a few sides street and doubling back to the main I was able to ascertain that on this occasion nobody had me under there watchful gaze. About a click away from the location I popped into a local corner newsagent to arm myself with a newspaper, mars bar and coke and headed closer towards the Target. I again put in a few twists and turn’s up side streets to ensure that I was still not under surveillance myself. As you get closer to the Target it is important to observe other human activity. You need to assess there right to be there and ask yourself, do they look out of place? Are they trying to hard to look inconspicuous? While at the same time looking casual yourself. Any doubt and you MUST abandon what you are doing and make alternative arrangements. I headed up the main taking a leisurely stroll, not too fast just looking like I’m out for a walk and enjoying the sunshine. 500m to target I observe Closed Circuit Television system, linked to the Central Manchester Crime Prevention Office of the Greater Manchester Police. Damn it was pointing directly at the Target that I could now see as a solitary Telephone Box 10ft from the main. I sat on the wall opened my coke and looked like I was taking a breather. Checked my watch it was 12:15hrs, I needed to check the DLB for a deposit soon, I didn’t want someone else finding it or worse being caught by the depositor looking for it. I suspected that it was already in situ, I wished the blasted CCTV to move. Finally 10mins later and the CCTV swivelled around to face down the Main and away from my approach. I quickly fished in my pockets for some loose change in pretence to needing the Phone. I walked up to the Target My camera in hand as I took pictures of my approach, it is now very important for me to get in, get the drop and get out as fast and as inconspicuous as possible. My camera in hand taking shots of god knows what because I dared not look through the viewfinder, I just had to trust in luck that it was capturing some descent images. Finally I was in the booth. I picked up the phone, placed a 20p coin in the slot and dialled a number. While photographing and fishing around under a shelf for the drop, I was having a fictitious conversation with my granny about evening meal that night. Letter in pocket, phone back on hook I walked out of the booth and straight onto the number 219 bus to Ashton Under Lyne. I got off at the main bus station and jumped in a cab back to the office.

My pulse was racing wanting to read the letter but I settled down with a coffee before reading what it said:

Beltaine

Greetings and congratulations. If you are reading this then you have successfully completed our test of your competence within the field. You are aware of all the controversy regarding Neurocam International and its Mnemonic Development. We have been watching you closely along with your co-conspirator Chris Titan, we have monitored your investigations for sometime. We know of your disregard to rules and regulations and I have warned Head Office of the inevitable publications of any correspondence that we enter into and yet they will not heed my warnings. My frustrations however are neither here nor there, as you have been selected by our operations division to carry out the task ahead. In return you will be given the compound formula you so richly desire. I hope the Brownie will satisfy the craving Titan has. Your Brownie will not come easily, as you will in time find out. The compound is old news to us and it amuses me greatly that you pain for it so

You will travel too London Piccadilly on the 12/05/05 at 15:00hrs you will meet your Sponsor, who will give you your task instructions. You will meet Sponsor in the CafĂ© de Paris Bar on Coventry Street in London, you must not arrive before 14:50hrs. Your sponsor will be wearing a blue pinstripe suit and will be seated alone at a table for four. There will be a Panama Cigar on the table and a Briefcase of metallic variety to the right side. You will sit order a Whiskey Sour and say “Traffic in the compound is a nightmare” your Sponsor will reply “You need a better solution” . You will remain with the sponsor for 1hr.

I will contact you after the meet.

Good Luck

Althalus Pournelle


Like the title says I leave tomorrow. All I need to do now is prepare. I will report the outcome on my return.

9 comments:

Wes said...

Beltaine,
I have to admit, I am really intrigued by all of this. I have read several posting and blogs about neurocam and the mystery behind it. I would really like some more information on it, if you could. I am in the U.S. and as far as I can tell, there has been only one referance to Neurocam and the states, and it's in Beverly Hills, CA. Let me know how your trip goes.

Unknown said...

As long as you don't try and interfere, any sniff that you are anyones else is around the area and it will be a no show for me.

cpt pyro I will help you all I can just mail me, you may want to start off by looking through some of the links in my sidebar. NeuroWIKI and Neuroboards will give you general info, the other links are for Neurocam affiliated Operatives blogs take a look at them especially the archives.

Unknown said...

Ok Dan, but if you interfere I will lift you myself.

Unknown said...

If you have any intel on Tepanyaki I could do with it please Dan, oh how i'm going to love being shadowed by a tortured ghost of Dan Pritchard LOL

Anyone else got any Intel on Tepanyaki?

EMAIL ME ASAP I LEAVE TOMORROW!

Anonymous said...

Tepanyaki is just some other conspiracy bullshit lingering around Neurocam. Another lie. What's with all the lies? Why you lying? We all know yous all liers.

Unknown said...

Damage your just a fuckwit and if you post shit on my blog I will remove it.

Say something useful or fuck off

Wes said...

I have read over 100+ threads regarding neurocam. In a few emails people have received, they (neurocam) make referance to being a "multifaceted orginzation" operating in several countries to include Japan. Now the word Tepanyaki obviously comes from Japan. Do you think there is a connection there? My personal opinion is, it is to big to be nothing. People get aggrevated and bash it when they keep running into dead ends but I'm still intrigued.

"Ignorance is bliss and can't you see the people smiling"

Hamish said...

"Tepanyaki is just some other conspiracy bullshit lingering around Neurocam. Another lie."

You've missed the point, Damage.

p.s Dan, call me tomorrow Biatch!

Chris Titan said...

Tepanyaki was started by a Japanese man but it is not Japanese...it is based out of London.
hahahahaha

This stuff Reggie gave me is killer. You can jab me in the eye anyday...hahahahaha