Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Is Neurocam a reality?


Reality? Posted by Hello


Acting is not just a form of expression, but a fundamental way of knowing. To act is to become someone else, in another set of circumstances, and thereby know and experience different reality. By giving his/her body over to a character, an actor enters a character's reality and he can be said to embody (or provide a body for) the character. The character lives through the actor, but so does the actor live through the character. Cyberspace is a medium, it gives people the feeling that they have been transported from ordinary physical world to worlds of pure imagination. It has a lot in common with stage and film, but it is unique in the power it yields to its audience.

Source Reference
The passage is from an article on virtual reality, written by Geoffrey Wong for the 'Surveys and Presentations in Information Systems Engineering' journal, produced by the Imperial College's Department of Computing.

Source Reference for the additions of Source Referencing Anja Farber

11 comments:

Hamish said...

Wise words Beltaine, reminds me of 'Phaedrus' if you've ever read it. I'll make a post about it later on.

Anonymous said...

If you're going to quote other writers, you really should learn to cite your references. To do otherwise constitutes plagiarism.

Your whole post is cpoied from here:
http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~nd/surprise_96/journal/vol1/kcgw/article1.html

Chris Titan said...

Yeah, have some respect...

...have you no shame?

What? I didn't think you did...

You might enjoy this bunch.

johana said...

Didn't you guy realise?? Anything that's not riddled with spelling and grammatical errors is stolen from elsewhere.

Perhaps we should assume that all Londoners are plagerists and theives as well as illiterate (that means you can't write, Beltaine).

Unknown said...

Hey Chris, I had shame once...

When I was a baby I was ashamed to show my ass to my pig faced Mother whilst she changed my Nappy (Diaper to you Aussies). Then I took a shit on her hand and the shame was gone.

Can't see no copyright! So fuck um!

I re-wrote this comment to include Johana.

I have always maintained I can't write Johana, are you that retarded you have not realised I have already admitted that fact. Great isn't it. My lack of writing skills really gets up your noses.

I challange you all to a strip an M24 SWS test.

Chris Titan said...

I have had to claim the "illiterate absurdist" for sometime.

But it is to be expected from under-educated white trash in California.

I can't spell or strip an M24 SWS...I'm fucked!

johana said...

My problem is that you steal other peoples work without crediting it.

Just for your information- I went to one of the sites that you stole from and it had a copyright thingy down the bottom. Or perhaps we should assume you can't read as well?

Or perhaps you just lie?
"Can't see no copyright! So fuck um!"

Unknown said...

Gimme hope, Johana, hope Johana, gimme hope, Johana, 'fore the morning come.

Gimme hope, Johana, hope, Johana, hope before the morning come.
Eddie Grant

There is no copyright at the bottom of the page to which this article relates!

I find the attention your giving me a turn on. Thank you x

johana said...

"one of the sites that you stole from and it had a copyright thingy down the bottom."

Sunshine you can't write but try simple comprehension.

Unknown said...

I post stuff of interest to my fan base. They don't care if i've wrote it or not, all they care about is if it is interesting. I will do what Anja Barebum has suggested out of a mark of respect for the authors not out of any justification to you Johana. As for my literacy "YAWN" are you going to flog a dead horse?

Getting up noses is my favorite pastime. Didn't you know? Its the window to your soul.

Unknown said...

You live in a closeted world Xul, maybe its your fear of squids which has caused this?